What are the prerequisites to become a member?
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Have been baptized since accepting Christ (baptism by immersion).
- Are willing to support this ministry with time, talents, and treasure.
- Be willing to be held accountable to the church in matters concerning relationship to God and to others.
What is the process of becoming a member of Emmanuel?
- Complete the New Member’s Class (Emmanuel 101).
- Submit the Membership Application.
- Sign a Church Covenant.
- Meet with a pastor or designated church leader.
- Vote of confirmation by the congregation.
Why is church membership important?
We believe church membership is essential for Christians. God’s plan for spreading the gospel to the ends of the earth is the church. So if you are going to fulfill God’s purpose in your life, it is essential to be part of a church.
Can I be part of the church without being a member?
Yes; however, membership shows a level of commitment beyond that of someone who just attends. It helps the staff identify the people we can trust to lead and care for others. It provides real accountability. You cannot be accountable when you are not committed to any specific church family.