The gospel is God’s plan of salvation. It’s what it means to “be a Christian”.
- God loves us. Jeremiah 31:3
- We were created to enjoy a personal relationship with God. Exodus 6:7; Ezekiel 36:28
- We have all sinned and sin separates us from relationship with God. Isaiah 53:6; Isaiah 59:2; Romans 3:23; 1 John 1:8
- Jesus took care of our sin problem. John 14:6; Romans 5:8; Romans 6:23
What does God want me to do?
- Admit that you’re a sinner and ask Him to forgive my sinfulness. 1 John 1:9
- Believe that Jesus Christ died to pay for your sins and that God proved He had the power to forgive you when He rose again. Romans 10:9-10
- Confess that Jesus is the lord of your life and is the way to God’s free gift of eternal life. You cannot earn it. Ephesians 2:8-9
You can pray a simple prayer of commitment to God:
“Dear Jesus, thank you for making me and loving me even when I ignored you and have gone my own way. I realize that I need you in my life and I am sorry for my sins. I ask you to forgive me. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. As much as I know how, I want to follow you from now on. Please come into my life as I accept your gift of salvation. Thank you for saving me.”
Assurance of Salvation
Romans 10:13…”Everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”
John 10:28-29…”I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.”
If you just prayed that prayer, we encourage you to let someone know and get connected with a local church for discipleship (Hebrews 10:24-25). We would love to have you join us at Emmanuel! We have 3 service times you can choose from and you can Contact Us at any time.